The Board's Facility Partnership Policy, Policy Code: K 4.4 specifies the criteria for selecting facilities suitable for community partnerships and provides the parameters that community partners must follow when occupying identified unused space in open schools and administrative buildings of the Board. All community partners identified in the policy will receive written notification from the Board of all facilities that have been identified for potential partnership opportunities. The Board will hold at least one public meeting annually to discuss partnership opportunities with these entities. Information pertaining to facilities identified for partnership and notices of public meetings will be posted below.
At its meeting on August 28, 2017, the Board determined that the following new capital projects (currently unfunded/planned) should be offered for community partnerships:
- New North London Elementary School - New 504 pupil place elementary facility proposed to be constructed in 2020/21.
- St. Anne's Catholic Elementary School - 84 Park Avenue, St. Thomas. Proposed 10 room addition for completion in 2019/20.
- St. Bernadette Catholic Elementary School – 155 Tweedsmuir Avenue, London. Proposed 3 room addition and interior renovations for completion in 2019/20.
- St. Pius X Catholic Elementary School – 255 Vancouver Street, London. Proposed interior renovations/program upgrades for completion in 2019/20.
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic Elementary School – 1063 Oxford Street East, London. Proposed retrofit to accommodate child care and family centre addition for completion in 2018/19.
The Board also identified the following open school(s) that have available space for community partnership:
- Mother Teresa Catholic Secondary School - 1065 Sunningdale Road East, London.
Schedule of Facility Partnership Meetings - Fall 2017
City of London
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, at the Catholic Education Centre, 5200 Wellington Road South, London for capital projects and facilities located within the City of London. (refer to above list)
City of St. Thomas
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm, at the Catholic Education Centre, 5200 Wellington Road South, London for capital projects and facilities located within the City of St. Thomas. (refer to above list)
For more information about the above-noted projects and facilities or to discuss potential partnership opportunities, please contact Rebecca McLean, Planning Specialist, London District Catholic School Board at (519) 663-2088, ext. 43203, or contact by email at email@example.com.
Further information regarding the Ministry of Education Community Planning and Partnership Guideline, the Board's Facility Partnerships policy, and the Board's 2017 Capital Plan is provided below: