How to Sign Up for the Parent Portal
THE PARENT PORTAL
PowerSchool’s Parent Portal has single sign-on for parents/guardians, which means you now have your own individual parent/guardian account, including user name and password. Your child’s school will provide you with a letter (one letter for each of your children) that contains the following information for your child:
1. The Parent Portal website location: http://ldcsb.powerschool.com/public
2. The confidential Access ID: e.g. Smith578
3. A confidential Access password: e.g. DY487
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Follow these steps to create an account for the Parent Portal and link your children to your account.
1. Enter the website address into your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.).
2. Click on Create Account
3. Enter your first and last name.
4. Enter your email address; this is the email address to which all notices from the school are sent.
5. Enter a user name of your choice, which you will use each time to access the Parent Portal.
Enter a password. As you type your password, PowerSchool determines the strength of the password and you have a visual display of the strength from weak, to better to strong. The stronger the password, the more secure it is. Choose a password that you can remember but that is difficult for others to guess.
LINKING CHILDREN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
The children you can link to your account may be your own children, foster children or any child under your guardianship.
1. Enter the name of your children you wish to have access to (Surname, First Name), each on a separate line.
2. Enter the Access ID for each child, as per the letter from their school.
3. Enter the Access Password for each child, as per the letter from their school.
4. Select, from the list, your relationship to the child (e.g., “Mother”)
5. Click Enter.
Any parent or guardian who receives a letter from the school may choose to set up their own account to monitor their children’s attendance and progress.
ADDING A STUDENT TO AN EXISTING ACCOUNT
Once your account is set up and your children linked, you may add additional students to your account, please follow the steps below. You will require the additional student’s Access ID and Access Password from the school before you proceed.
1. Log into your account.
2. From the menu items on the left, select Account Preferences.
3. Select the Students tab.
4. Click on the Add button.
5. In the next screen add the Student’s name, the student Access ID and Access Password, select the Relationship of you to the student.
6. Click Submit. Repeat if adding more than one additional student.