School Hours: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Grade Distribution: Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8
Student Enrollment: 320
About Our SchoolSt. Michael’s School was first opened in 1967 to serve the needs of the northeastern part of Woodstock. As the community grew, a 7-room portapak was added. Construction of a nine-room addition was completed in April 2008. Six years ago a new HVAC heating/cooling system was installed in the main building. The vast majority of our students are Canadian-born with English as their first language. Families in our school community attend Holy Trinity Parish and Holy Cross Catholic Church.
Mission StatementWhile committed to academic excellence, the approach at St. Michael’s is to tend to all aspects of the students’ growth – intellectual, moral, physical, psychological, social, and spiritual. Our mission is to bring students into a living relationship with Jesus in order to invite a personal commitment to a way of life marked by an integration of faith and daily living.
Staffing InformationNumber of classroom teachers 14
FSL teachers 2
Music teacher 1
Student Program Support Teacher 1
Educational Assistants 6
Noon Hour Supervisors 3
2 Full Day Kindergarten classrooms
12 Grade 1-8 classrooms
1 French/Music Office
1 Student Resource classroom
1 library with computer lab
Living Our Faith
- The students and staff of St. Michael’s School have many opportunities to pray and demonstrate their Catholic Faith. These include monthly school-wide liturgies, and prayer services, and classroom liturgies, the celebration of the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist in Grade 2, and the Sacrament of Confirmation in Grade 8 as well as celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation at school.
- St. Michael’s supports many charitable endeavours including the Canadian Cancer Society, the United Way, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, Autism Society of Ontario and the Monsignor Feeney Foundation.
- Involvement in our community Food Bank and The Salvation Army allow our students to contribute to the common good in visible ways.
- 4 school busses transport students to and from St. Michael’s. All students arrive to school by bus, walking, or parent drop-off.
- Information on bus delays or cancellations during inclement weather can be obtained by logging on to Big Yellow School Bus.
- St. Michael's also has a kiss and ride program for parent drop off at the front of the school. If you need more information about the Kiss & Ride program please contact the school office.
- St. Michael’s participates in the Safe Arrival Program. Students in Gr. 6 participate in Values, Influences, and Peers (VIP) Program.
- We have a Before & After School Program and a Healthy Snack Program.
- The school and Student Council provide students with opportunities to promote school spirit and participate in Social Justice activities aimed at helping those less fortunate. During the year students participate in a number of group presentations on respecting the rights and dignity of others.