Learning Materials Centre & Library Services
December update: Learning Materials Centre remains CLOSED to visitors. Remember to use our online resources. If login/access information is needed please email. Continue to be safe, keep your distance and wear a mask!
Email email@example.com for inquiries.
Hours: CLOSED to in person visits.
Learning Materials Centre provides access to a variety of resources and services to support student learning and achievement.
Library Services provides leadership and consultation to support excellent school libraries, including staff development, collection management, library renovations, cataloguing and technical services. The cultivation of partnerships with Learning Services coordinators, principals, teachers and librarians are key to fulfilling the informational needs of our school communities.
Research shows clear links between student achievement and the existence of school libraries stocked with a variety of resources, and staffed by qualified librarians who collaborate with teachers
LDCSB Library Mission Statement
LDCSB School Library Goals
- Educate students on the functionality, organization and purpose of libraries so that they can be library users for life
- Demonstrate how to research with purpose and process
- Promote and foster a love for reading for pleasure and learning
- Develop library collections that encompass a variety of formats to support the Catholic Graduate Expectations
- Facilitate the use of technology for learning, research and communication