Fall 2021 LDCSB School Guidelines At A Glance
Detailed guidelines and protocols for LDCSB students and staff regarding the upcoming school year are posted here (and are below). Here is a quick glance giving some of the main highlights:
August 31, 2021 Guidance from Local Health Units (Additional COVID-19 Preventive Measures for School Settings in London, Middlesex, Oxford, Elgin, and St. Thomas)
NEW: Cautious Return of Secondary Athletic Programs
The LDCSB will allow a cautious return to athletic programs in secondary schools. All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 - if eligible - as the health and well-being of our students and their families is paramount. We continue to work closely with and take direction from our local public health units during this ever-evolving pandemic. Additional information will be shared with schools.
Athletic programs at elementary schools and all other co-curricular programs (elementary and secondary) at lunch or after school continue to be on pause for the month of September.
- Masking required for all students, including those in kindergarten
- No school assemblies
- Elementary only: Masks required outdoors for students if physical distancing cannot be maintained between cohorts
- Mandatory daily self-screening required for all students and staff
- Masking and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for staff
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols, including hand sanitizer in schools
- Assigned seating on school buses
- Elementary only: cohorting of students to reduce number of contacts
- No visitors
- Virtual meetings whenever possible
- Secondary only: in-person learning five days each week
- Secondary only: Quadmester (two courses each day)
- Water bottle refilling stations will be open where possible.
- Students may leave and return to school during the day (appointment, lunch, etc.)
- Clubs, activities, sport teams, bands, and extra-curriculars (with restrictions)
- Gyms, change rooms, etc. (for certain activities)
- Music programs (with restrictions)
- Elementary only: cubbies, outdoor playground equipment can be used
- Elementary only: Before and After School Programs
- Secondary only: lockers, labs and cafeterias can be used
- Field trips
- Community Use of Schools
- Food programs (hot lunch, etc.)
- Libraries and computer labs
At this time, the Ministry of Education guidelines for Ontario school boards state that it intends to introduce a vaccination disclosure policy for all publicly funded school board employees, with rapid antigen testing requirements for staff who are not immunized against COVID-19. Completion of a COVID-19 vaccination educational session is also part of the requirements.
The LDCSB is not at liberty to disclose personal health care information about staff, including but not limited to an individual’s vaccination status. Regardless of vaccination status, all LDCSB staff are required to follow health and safety protocols related to COVID-19 as determined by local public health authorities, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Labour.