COVID-19 Self Screening Questions
COVID-19 Screening Checklist
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, do not send your child to school and consult your health care provider.
1. Has your child, or anyone in your child's household, travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days?
2. Has your child, or anyone in your child's household, been in close physical contact with any person who is being investigated or has tested positive for COVID-19 during the past 14-days, without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
For greater certainty, close physical contact means"
- being less than 2 metres away in the same room, workspace, or area
- living in the same home
3. Have you and/or any person in your child's household worked in a facility known to be experiencing an outbreak or COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
4. Is your child and/or any person in your child's household experiencing any of the following new or worsening symptoms associated with COVID-19?
- Fever (temperature of 37.8C or greater)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or nasal congestion without other known cause (in absence of underlying reasons for symptoms such as seasonal allergies and postnasal drip)
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease of loss of sense of taste or smell
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain
- Unexplained fatigue, malaise or chills
- Headache - Note: headache should only be considered a COVID-19 symptom when it is non-typical for the individual or if it is typical for the individual and is accompanied by any other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)