The London District Catholic School Board (LDCSB) is characterized by its commitment to excellence in program delivery and its belief in an educative process that emphasizes the Gospel values of faith, hope, community partnerships, personhood, justice, peace, love and stewardship.
The LDCSB has revised the expectations for our Catholic Leadership Journey through the Call to Lead and Call to
Serve programs to ensure our leaders fully understand the level of expectation and accountability required to be
a leader in our board.
The LDCSB is interested in receiving applications from experienced educators who demonstrate Catholic
leadership qualities, excellence in communication, commitment to quality Catholic education, and a philosophy
toward the management of staff and students clearly reflecting Catholic values and student achievement.
Faith Reference Portfolio For Aspiring Leaders
Self Assessment Tool for Aspiring Catholic Leaders
Self Assessment Tool for Catholic Principals and Vice-Principals
Catholic Elementary Vice Principal
- Applications for the above position must be received by the undersigned by 4:00 p.m., April 10, 2017.
- The Board reserves the right to limit the interviews to those who are deemed ready for promotion.
- For candidates selected for an interview, interviews will be held on May 11, 2017, as is necessary, and on May 12, 2017.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their interest for consideration in accordance with Board Policy (G 2.4),
Selection and Appointment of Principals and Vice-Principals. Successful candidates must be prepared to accept
assignments at schools located throughout the London District Catholic School Board.
- Ontario School Principal's Certificate - Part 1 completed & Part 2 completed or in progress to be
completed by September 1, 2017.
- Part 1 - Religious Education or Equivalent (Minimum Requirement). Specialist (preferred).
- Part 1 - Special Education (preferred).
- A Master's Degree (preferred).
- Completion of the Called to Lead Program or in-progress (preferred).
- Submission of a recent Self Assessment Tool for Aspiring Catholic Leaders, in consultation with your
Principal (within 2 years of application)
- A minimum of five (5) years recent teaching experience in the elementary panel or equivalent experience
related to elementary curriculum.
- Recent experience in Catholic leadership at the school and/or system level.
- In accordance with the terms and conditions for Principals and Vice-Principals.
- Commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants are required to provide a resume of qualifications and experience, a cover letter, the SelfAssessment
Tool and the Faith Reference Portfolio, and the names and contact
information of two referees, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
Applications should be addressed to: Jim Vair, Superintendent of Human Resources - London District
Catholic School Board - 5200 Wellington Road South, London, ON N6E 3X8.