Catholic Central High School was established in September 1950 through the efforts of the Sisters of St. Joseph with the support from the Diocese of London and the Oblate Fathers. The cornerstone was laid in December of 1951 and the school was officially opened September 14, 1952. In the fall of 1958 the construction of the east wing began and was first used by students in September of 1959. Due to an increase in student population, a total of 14 portables were added between 1970 and 1972. The north wing which accommodates the Fine Arts & Family Studies programs was constructed in 1986.
In 1997 and 1998, a massive renovation was begun. This renovation included the complete renovation of both the east and west wings as well as an addition which unified both wings and added a new chapel, atrium, library, technology wing, new computer and science labs, gymnasiums, cafeteria and administration, guidance and office area.
The Catholic Central School Community is a diverse community which include core area families as well as families from across the greater London area for speciality programs.