7:30 am - 3 pm (closed from 11:25 am-12:05 pm)
About your Library
John Paul II Library is an inviting, welcoming place to study and work on assignments. While visiting, you can enjoy reading some great magazines, use computers to conduct research and complete assignments, or browse an extensive collection of Fiction books that you can check out. It also has a large selection of Non-Fiction books that you can borrow, as well as Reference books that you can use in the Library.
Pens of John Paul II Writing Club
The John Paul II Library hosts a weekly creative writing club after school, designed to introduce students to the art of writing novels and to the modern publishing industry. The program is led by local author, Allan Lacoursiere.
2018-2019: Ware the Milk Rabbit and Crossroads
2019-2020: Malfunction (details coming soon)
LDCSB Library Mission Statement
To provide access to a variety of informational resources to support the curriculum, foster a love for reading, and ensure the school community is effective users of information for learning and for leisure.
LDCSB School Library Goals
What the Research says about School Libraries
- Educate students on the functionality, organization and purpose of libraries so that they can be library users for life
- Demonstrate how to research with purpose and process
- Promote and foster a love for reading for pleasure and learning
- Develop library collections that encompass a variety of formats to support Catholic Graduate Expectations
- Facilitate the use of technology for learning, research and communication
Research undeniably and repeatedly shows clear links between student achievement and the existence of libraries stocked with a variety of resources, and staffed by qualified librarians who collaborate with teachers.
All students visiting the library should expect a quiet, respectful place to study and work independently. Socializing, playing games, eating and watching videos are activities permitted in the cafetorium. These behaviours will not be tolerated in the library.