St. Joseph’s library is available to all members of the school community.
Students are expected to follow school rules and expectations while in the library.
Respectful behaviour is expected so that everyone can use the library for studying, homework and leisure reading.
What Is Available
- Fiction books for leisure reading
- Non-fiction research and information books
- Daily newspapers & magazines
- Computer and printing services
Information At Your Fingertips
All students have access to valuable ONLINE DIGITAL RESOURCES which are available at school and at home. Passwords are required for home use.
- Search the SJHS library catalogue and place holds on materials.
- Use recommended encyclopedias, newspapers, websites and LDCSB databases.
Note! Databases contain searchable information from: magazines, newspapers, academic journals, podcasts, etc.
Courtesy counts at the library!
- Please respect all other students and their belongings.
- Respect all library materials – books, newspapers, magazines and computers.
- Food is not allowed.
- Books may be signed out for a maximum of 3 weeks.
- Do not take books out for friends – You are responsible for all items signed out in your name.
- Students are responsible for offering payment for overdue books or damaged books.
- Students are responsible for returning all library materials on time.
- Computers in the library for to be used for school purposes only.
- Classes that have scheduled to use the library lab have first priority.
- Do not install or remove any software or programs on school computers.
- Please ask for assistance for any computer-related problems.