The Student Success Team at St. Joseph’s Catholic High School wants to work with parents and students to improve the learning experience for all of our students
We share a common goal to help all students build a promising future for themselves. We are responding by focusing on:
• Quality course options and programs inside and outside of the classroom, leading to all destinations (employment, apprenticeship, college and university)
• Literacy and numeracy skills in all subject areas
• One-on-one support when students need extra help
• Building community, diversity, culture, safety, and caring in all schools
There is a Student Success Team in every LDCSB secondary school. The members of this team at St. Joseph’s Catholic high school include the Principal, Vice-Principal, Guidance Counsellors, Learning Services - Student Program Support Teachers, the Student Success Teacher, the Alternative Education Teacher, the Social Worker and the school’s Chaplin.
The purpose of the Student Success Team is to:
• Identify and track students who are in need of assistance.
• Ensure students identified are placed in the correct level based on their capabilities.
• Decide appropriate interventions to assist the student at need.
• Liaise with student, teacher and parents.
• Oversee the credit rescue program.
• Develop initiatives to support and promote student success.
• Ensure a smooth and successful transition from Grade 8 to Grade 9 for all students.
The Student Success Team will continue to monitor the progress of students throughout their time at St. Joseph’s Catholic High School, setting interventions in place as necessary for maximizing student success and achievement.
Student Success initiatives offered:
• Dual Credit
• School within a College (SWAC)
• Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM)
• Student Voice Initiative
• Supervised Alternative Learning (SAL)