Special Education Advisory Committee
During this period of COVID-19 all of our Committee and Board of Trustees meetings are held online via Teams. If you wish to join the public portion of the Board of Trustees Meeting or any Board Committee meeting, please contact: Lucy da Costa at (519) 663-2088 ext. 40003 or by email at: email@example.com prior to 3:00 p.m. on the date of the meeting. Login information for the Teams conference will be made available to you.
The members of SEAC have a strong interest and commitment in assisting other parents who may have children with special needs or abilities.
Meetings are held in the Boardroom at the Catholic Education Centre from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. (*exceptions are indicated). All meetings of the Special Education Advisory Committee are open to the public. We welcome your presence.
LDCSB Special Education Plan and Report 2020-2021
- Monday, October 4, 2021
Microsoft Teams meetingJoin on your computer or mobile appClick here to join the meetingOr call in (audio only)+1 226-777-8555,,323536492# Canada, London
- Monday, November 1, 2021
- Monday, December 6, 2021
- Monday, January 10, 2022
- * Wednesday, February 4, 2022 (Public Consultation Evening)
- Monday, March 7, 2022
- Monday, May 2, 2022
- Monday, June 6, 2022
- Representatives and alternates for these representatives from up to 12 local associations. The local associations must be affiliated with associations or organizations that:
- are incorporated;
- operate throughout Ontario;
- further the interests and well-being of one or more groups of exceptional children or adults; and,
- do not represent professional educators.
- The lesser of 3 or 25 percent of the total number of board trustees
- Where 1 or 2 board trustees are appointed to the SEAC each trustee has an alternate appointed.
- One or two persons to represent the interests of First Nations students attending board schools under a tuition agreement.
- One or more members at large (optional). Alternatives can be appointed to attend SEAC meetings if a local association's representative cannot be present.
- Ray Bedard, Autism Ontario - London Chapter, Chair
- Jacqui Specht, Learning Disabilities Association - London Region, Vice Chair
- Amy Verberne, Community Living London
- Samantha Johnston, London Down Syndrome Association
- Sandra Paiva Pontes, Community Services Communication Network
- Jill Bell, Easter Seals London
- School Board Representatives:
- Gabriel Pizzuti, Trustee
- John Jevnikar, Trustee
- Kelly Holbrough, Superintendent of Education
- Julie Bervkens, Senior Administrator-Special Education
- Roberta Gibson, Principal: Elementary
- Rick Sheardown, Vice Principal: Secondary
- Andrea Harvey, Mental Health Lead LDCSB
- Michelle Worsfold, Clinical Lead Supervisor