Summer School is a great option for students who wish to complete an additional credit, upgrade a mark by repeating a course, or take part in Summer School Cooperative Education for experiential learning. Courses are offered for students starting grade 9 in September, as well as current grade 9 to 12 students.
Summer School is offered through our continuing education program and is an elective educational opportunity. Given the amount of learning hours that are required in such a short duration, Summer School may not be a good option for all learners. Please read all the learning commitments listed below.
How to Register:
- Registration for Summer School is now open
- For students who are currently enrolled in the London District Catholic School Board, please use myBlueprint (MyLDCSB > VLE > myBlueprint) to register for Summer School and speak to your Guidance Counsellor.
- For students who are not currently enrolled in the LDCSB please click here to register for Summer School.
- For students who are not currently enrolled in a LDCSB school and are over the age of 18 please click here to register.
- The Cooperative Education registration deadline is Friday, March 8, 2024.
- For all Co-op dates please click here
- Summer School registration will close on Friday, June 7, 2024.
- For new credit courses, Summer School will begin on Tuesday, July 2 and end on Monday, July 29 (20 days).
2024 Summer School General Information:
- Students are only permitted to enrol in 1 new credit course or 2 half-credit courses, with the exception of Co-op and Credit Recovery.
- Given the short duration of Summer School, daily attendance and active engagement are essential for success. If a student does not actively engage in learning for 3 days, their credit will be at risk and the student may be removed from the course.
- Active engagement means submitting assignments, corresponding with the teacher, participating in discussion posts, and interacting with course content.
New Credit Online (eLearn) Courses:
- Please click here for a list of online (eLearn) courses that will be offered.
- Students who have a high degree of self motiviation and the ability to work independently are best suited for eLearning courses.
- All full credit summer eLearning courses involve a minumum of 110 hours of asynchronous content and instruction.
- Students are expected to engage in 5.5 hours of asynchronous online learning per day (Monday to Friday) for the entire duration of summer school (20 days).
- Given the short duration of summer school students must be able to keep up with daily course work and submit assignments on time.
- Grade 9 destreamed Math (MTH1W) will only be availible to students who have already attempted the course.
- If you are registered for an online course and are planning to engage in learning while traveling outside of the country, you MUST set up an Multi Factor Authorization prior to the start of summer school. Please contact the LDCSB IT department via https://www.ldcsb.ca/apps/pages/ITSupport
New Credit In-person Courses:
- Please click here for a list of in-person courses that will be offered.
- The only in-person courses that will be offered this summer will be Technology Courses, Credit Recovery and ESL.
- More information will be provided soon about the course offerings and locations.
- A credit recovery course is offered to a student who was awarded a final grade below 50% and would like to earn their credit without repeating the entire course.
- Credit recovery will only be offered to current London District Catholic School Board Students.
- Enrollment in Credit Recovery is to be completed by the student’s guidance counsellor.
- In addition to a new credit course, students can enrol in 1 credit recovery course.
- If a student is not enrolled in a new credit course, they can enrol in 2 credit recovery courses.
- Credit Recovery will only be offered in-person.
Cooperative Education (Co-op):
- The deadline to register for a cooperative education course is Friday, March 8, 2024.
- Students must be available to attend cooperative education placements in person during Summer School.
- Please click here to review more information about how Summer School Co-op is offered.
- Students are not permitted to enrol in any other Summer School courses.
- Improvement courses will no longer be offered in Summer School. Students will now need to enrol in a new credit course in order to attempt to improve their grade.
Please note courses may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment or the inability to find a qualified teacher. Final decisions will be made in June.
If you have any questions please contact the Summer School Principal Christian Finkenzeller at [email protected]