Career and Life Exploration
Creating Pathways to Success: an Education and Career/life Planning Program is a key Ministry document that puts students at the centre of their own learning encouraging them to become competent, successful and contributing members of society. The program is based on the following three guiding principles:
- All students can be successful.
- Success comes in many forms.
- There are many pathways to success!
The following links are helpful for exploring your future:
- myBlueprint provides a self-exploration and planning program that helps people of all ages achieve their potential in school, career and life. To access myBlueprint from home: Career Cruising
- Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford Workforce and Planning Development Board provides information on the labour market, jobs, training & education for St. Thomas, London, Woodstock and surrounding counties.
- indeed provides information about job postings and explores jobs based on salary estimate, job type, location and company.
- Job Bank explores top advertised jobs, how much money you can make, and what skills you'll need.
- Ontario Job Bank provides information about employment/job bank in Ontario.
- Ontario School Counsellors' Association provides resources that explore each of the following areas: Who am I? What are my opportunities? Who do I want to become? and What are my plans for getting there?- check out the self assessment tools.
- Ontario Skills Passport provides descriptions of essential skills and work habits important for success in work, learning and life.
- Youth Employment Services provides information and resources to assist youth in finding jobs.
- Services for Youth provides information from the Government of Ontario related to services for youth/job market.