Community Use of Schools
Community Use of Schools is a Ministry of Education initiative that supports access to school space outside of normal school hours for not for profit programming. Schools are open to encourage neighbourhood and community organizations to host a variety of programs including dance, sport and cultural activities
Please Note: When applications are pending, they do not show up on the calendar display. Your permit may not be approved for the dates and times that you request. Please check them carefully.
How do I request the use of a school facility?
- If you are a new user, log on to the public access site Ebase Access. Please click on the calendar icon on the top right hand side of the page to view schools and which dates and times may be available. Click on the "Get Started" button. This will take you to the information on how to register and fill out an online reservation. Follow the steps to their completion.
- Once your online application is sent in, it is NOT automatically approved. An email will be sent to you when approval in place. Make sure to check if any dates are excluded doe to school programs or holidays.
- You will be asked to read and agree to the rules and regulations of the LDCSB Community Use Agreements. Please read carefully. Full compliance is expected.
- Once approval is obtained, a copy of insurance policy listing the "London District Catholic School Board" into the policy as an additional insured must be sent to the Board office. (This can be done by emailing the Community Use of Schools staff). Policy must have a minimum of $5 million in general liability). We do not sell insurance, you will be required to find your own insurer for your events.
- Please note: All LDCSB school events take priority over rental agreements and can override any existing permits. In such circumstances the Community Use office will strive to let you know as soon as possible and work with you to find alternative dates for your programs.
- A minimum of 14 working days are required to process an application.
- To book out Holy Cross Secondary School in Strathroy, please contact the Thames Valley District School Board.
- Please refer to the Fee Schedule and Categories (at the bottom of this page) for costs of renting school space.
- Entrance to Facilities (Safe School Policy): Due to our safe schools policy, our elementary schools will remain locked during the evening. (We wish to keep all participants and staff safe from unpermitted individuals entering the building.) The rental group will designate a coach, manager or volunteer who will be required to be present at the entrance door during rental hours to open the door for all participants and their family. No propping the doors open is permitted due to safety regulations. The custodial staff are cleaning the facility and not available to continually open the door for participants. Thank you.
- Thames Valley District School Board, and French School Board are also available for your booking needs.
Not for Profit Status: In order to claim Not for Profit status, you must submit either a registered charitable organization number, or "Letters Patent" if incorporated.